1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help: How to organize pedals on my p/board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3rdworlder, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Hi fellow TBers.

I'm just done with my custom made board so now I need to know what would be the best way to hook-up my pedals?

I mean, does the distortion go first or is it the overdrive? Here's a picture so you can see what's my problem.

TzxMjXx.

As you can see there's a Boss DS-1, Bass Big Muff, Rowin Phaser, and a Ibanez Tubescreamer overdrive. I use these with both, bass and guitar.

I need to get them working from RIGHT to LEFT.

I'm sure somebody knowledgeable on pedals will have the right answer easy and quick. Please help if you can.

Also, I plan to get an Stereo Electric Mistress, and recover a Wah Wah pedal. Those go first, or the Mistress would have to go last in the pedal line?

You all have a fantastic Friday! :thumbsup:

2. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    Whatever order sounds best, there's no rule just suggestions.

FWIW, I like OD into fuzz, and I like the phaser stuck between the two of them. You may not.

3rdworlder likes this.
  3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I agree, there's no hard and fast rule here. I also like stacking ODs going from light OD into all-out fuzz,
    so I'd go TS -> DS-1 -> Muff, with the Phaser last (If you really want to go crazy, add in a Boss LS and use two drives in parallel). Phaser position is another thing that's highly subjective, you may want to form you own opinion on this, I like it last.

3rdworlder likes this.
  4. Correlli and 3rdworlder like this.
  5. Well, for weeks I was experimenting with the Muff going in between and as first one with the Tubescreamer and the DS1. I got the Phaser super cheap just a few days ago from a guy pointing me to use it last, "whatever my pedal board configuration was like". So I started wondering about it. I have been using distortions with the bass for over a decade but this year something brought my attention to electric guitars and then I got these to use with both instruments (so far I am liking it a lot). That is why I thought about asking here, so people more experienced would share some advice. I am here to learn, so I thank you guys :thumbsup:

Oh, I like the link, very informative!

You all have a good Sunday, best day of the week! :)

Robertron likes this.
  6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Cool link. Thanks. As shown in the article, one of my effects chains has a compressor first and a limiter near the end. Produces an incredible amount of sustain.

3rdworlder likes this.