Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help!I am looking for the dimensioned drawings of the Ibanez K5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kuzich, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Kuzich

Kuzich

Mar 6, 2006
    Please Help ! I am a bassguitarist from Russia !I am looking for the dimensioned drawings of the Ibanez K5.:bawl:

2. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    dude you dont want one of those basses, trust me.

3. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Why doesent he want one of those basses? What is so wrong with them, have you tried one? Is it just the inlay or is it being the fact that it is F**** sig. bass? I really do not understand :meh:

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    In my opinion the feel, tone, and looks of the thing are not so good. Fieldys name drive up the price on it; I'd rather not purchase Ibanez again.

Once again, only my opinion.

5. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Isn't the K5 just a 5-string Soundgear with a paduk body?

6. Fieldy bass:

5pc. Maple / Walnut Neck Material
    Mahogany Body
    24/Medium frets
    Rosewood Finger Board
    Aluminum Die-cast bridge
    IBZ ADX5N Neck PU
    IBZ ADX5B Bridge PU
    K5 Special Inlay
    GD : Hardware Color
    Vari-Mid 3-Band

[​IMG]

Compared to an SR505

5pc Wenge/ Bubinga Neck Material
    Mahogany Body
    24/Medium frets
    Rosewood Finger Board
    Accu-Cast B25 bridge
    Bartolini MK1-5 Neck PU
    Bartolini MK1-5 Bridge PU
    Abalone Oval Inlay
    CK : Hardware Color
    Bartolini MK1 3-Band

[​IMG]

You guys are so quick to bag on things, just do a bit of research... jeez...

7. wow, apparently that makes the SR look 3 times better

8. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm not bagging on it, just stating that the dimensions appear to be the same. So if the original poster finds a Soundgear drawing, he's got a K5 drawing, too.

FWIW, the K5 specs appear to have changed some. I've found several references on the internet to a padauk/mahogany/padauk body.

9. Is the new Fieldy model black? It looks pretty cool. If I didn't have a bad liver, I'd probably try to find a deal on one.

10. Yes, new K5's are totally black.. Only after a few years of Fieldy being seen with only a black sig. I have only seen him playing the natural one a few times.

Aside from the inlay, I really like the K5, the gold bridge on a black body looks pretty cool to me (doesnt work for a Fender style slab body, it has to be contoured.) and I dig the control knobs and reverse headstock.

I'd really like to play one of these beasts, I think I may like it.. alot!

-ryan-

11. Agreed, I can live without the K5 inlay though :smug:

12. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    He played the padauk/mahogany/padauk body for ever then they just came out with the all black mahogany this year.:)

13. Yes, Ibanez has just recently made the black version available.. However, Fieldy had been playing a black version of his sig for the longest time. Which is why Ibanez changed the coloration.

-ryan-

14. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    does this thing have no mids? or is that changeable

15. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I like the way the black one looks but I like the woods used in the natural one. I love natural woods better than painted anyways. Are you sure about him using the black for a while, because all the pics you see he is using the natural one. I have seen them 3 times live, both times he used the natural and this very last tour with Mudvayne he was using the black one. They both look nice:)

16. No, the mids are still there, you just have the option to turn 'em off to sound like Fieldy.

I know that Fieldy has had a black version of his sig for the longest time. I saw an interview with him in his home, and in the background was a black K5 on a stand in a corner. You've just got to keep in mind, some bassists/guitarists use different guitars for different songs, hell I know Martini switches back and fourth.

-ryan-

17. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I know what you mean, I never saw him with a black one. Tho I never saw that interview. Why do you think they just didnt sell both at the same?:)

18. Terrific point! I think it's because the natural had a padauk front and back, while the current production model lacks that, and in it's place is black paint. Ibanez would have to basically produce two different basses at the same time to make both.

-ryan-