Help!! I can't work my pedal!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Well I bought a Digitech Bass Multi Chorus used, and having never seen one before it confused me a fair bit. First of all I had to figure out how to undo the battery pin things, which were jammed, so I hammered them down with a screwdriver and cleaned and oiled them so they work smoothly now... And I put a battery in...

However, I can't seem to get the effect working. Everytime I plug a lead in, the LED flashes 3 times then turns off, and the pedal remains bypassed no matter what I do. Is there something I'm forgetting to do here??

Thanks in advance,
  2. Led flashes three times and then turns off = battery OK

When a cable is connected to the IN jack, the led should light up when you step on the switch, and turn off if you step on it again. In your case the effect does not turn on so I think the step switch does not work. Check that there is a rubber thing attached to the underside of the pedal lid (which you step on), this rubber thing should reach down and press a switch on the circuit board inside the pedal. You can also try pressing it direct with the lid off using a pen to see if it works.
  3. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I suspected as much... I tried just plain pushing the button on the circuitboard but all to no avail... Should I take the cover off this beast and see if I can see anything wrong?
  4. If you know anything about electronics...
    I would try to return the unit at this point. If you bought it through ebay or similar the seller would risk negative feedback if he doesn't take it back
  5. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Huzzah!! I've got it. Looking at the type of switch, it's just the sort that clicks for a second, not the type that stays down... So I removed the board, plugged a patch lead into the input jack, LED flashed 3 times, and I shorted for a second the terminals on the back of the board leading to the switch and the LED stayed on, so I'm guessing it's just the switch that's gone... Hmmmm...
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Take it back
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    See, your mistake is you hit it with a screwdriver. Screwdriver = screwed up.

Use the proper tool for the job. Get a hammer.
  8. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Preferably the "Sledge" type :eek: