1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! I dropped my mic.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Zodd42, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Zodd42

Zodd42

Jul 28, 2009
    wELL Thanks everybody for your help.
    I decided to fix the mic and give it to my friend. He's very happy with it for his pod casts. After repair it couldn't take my low end growl of bass. Bought a new one, love it!

2. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    I don't think anyone is going to able to give you a proper answer over the internet. Take the mic to a good music store / repairperson for evaluation, only then you'll really know. Maybe it can be fixed. If there's need for a lot part changes it may actually be pretty close to the price of the mic though, so you may wan't to consider if it's worth it to repair or just a get a new mic. I know this sounds bad, but be happy it was "just" 125.

Oh just remembered, you might want to try opening the mic and see if anything (besides the grill) is obviously damaged. If so, take photos. Then take those photos to gearslutz.com or other place like that with plenty of microphone modders/ enthusiasts and see if they can help. Who knows, maybe some modders can actually help you improve it in the process if you're interested.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    If it's still under warranty contact the manufacturer. Some manufacturers exchange things for goodwill under the warranty, no questions ask - give them a try.