1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP I got an IPOD touch, what this thing is for?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pedroims, Sep 28, 2010.

1. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I need help for all of you gear freaks. Today, the manager of our contractors gave a gift as thank for all the hard time his people gave me :D. Its a box with a device that says IPOD touch, is this thing supposed to be use to play music? if so how I can load the tunes? Can I do something else with it.

I may sound stupid but I am not into these things, but I got it for free so I hope I can use it for something.

Any ideas?

2. I'll take it!

If not, you can hook it up to your computer with the included cable and use iTunes to transfer music to it.

3. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    mhhh... can this use as mobile?

4. As in a mobile music player? That is exactly what it is for. :)

5. brammerd

brammerd

Aug 9, 2009
    nope

6. Not a mobile phone, no. Music / media player, yes.

7. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    got it, basically is the new generation of a walkman, I was expecting something else. I hope my wife can find a use for it.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow, you really have no idea what an iPod Touch is for?

-Mike

9. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    nope, I have never have a mp3 player, I dont even have my own cell phone , neither my wife, I have a blackberry because my manager gave it to me and I use it as phone and to check the work emails.

The only new life device I own is a blu ray player and ps3 and the only game I have is little big planet :D... I have always wonder how many people like me are around.

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    come on man, even by just hanging out here you should know what an iPod is for...subjects come up constantly...you mention MP3 player in your last post, iPods are practically default / synonymous with that phrase, so you DID know what it was for...iPods have been around for a decade. but it is so much more than that, you can surf in wifi hotspots, and the lastest versions have video chat cameras.

Seriously tho, if you have no use for it, trade it here, or get 200 bucks easily on Craigslist. 16G? 32G?

11. Just a question... Do you own both a PS3 and a Blu Ray player?

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    yeah...that's a little redundant. :D

13. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    yeah, I bougth the blu ray one year ago and the ps3 few months ago , actually is for my kids, I realized that I dont need to use the blu ray any more. :spit:

I know what a mp3 is because many years ago was a software that everybody in the office have it, dont remember the name, but that is all about, I still playing and buying cds. Probably the reason I dont know what is happening around me is because I dont read magazzines, news papper neither watch tv , well I watch 90 minutes per week ( yeah I am soccer fan) I also hate shopping, cant remember when was the last time I went to a mall, I found way easier buying by internet so I dont need to spend time driving and walking.

And I am not a freak, I spend my time fishing, playing golf, grilling , playing bass, my kids and wife, just there are things that i dont care

14. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    dude, I was just ribbin ya.... :p

15. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Since you have a blackberry it is a bit redundnet. But it can do everything the blackberry can do, save the phone. I am an anti pack rat so I dumped the cd collection onto one ofthese and got rid of them. It also saves you from having an address book, an alarm clock, writing notes on paper and crumpling them in your pocket, I used it as a flashlight once, etc.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yes, you are. :D

-Mike

17. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan

hahaha.. well at least my wife is not the only one that thinks that, funny is that according with her all bass players are strange people, she says that you cant be normal and play bass :p

18. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    For me, the convenience of being able to have 16GB of music (on my iPhone) or 160GB (iPod classic) with me all the time is amazing. As a musician, that seems like something you would appreciate.

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

160 Gb is a reasonable amount - but 16 is a bit small for what I'd want!

20. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I can see your point, well I think is time for a change, you said that I can buy music online, Can I also transfer my cds to this thing so I dont spend money in music that I already own?