Help! I have a blister!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    OK, 2 blisters.

One on my pointer, other on my birdie...

My friend is letting me sit in on a few songs at his gig tonight, so I need to do something about these blisters.

So, tell me how to get rid of the evil things!

Pop them, and super glue them?

Leave them and just play anyways?

I can sorta play with them... but I can't go very fast at all.

This might belong in misc... but what do I know...
  2. Damn, thats a doozy. Id say use a pick, You dont want to pop them and you DEFINATELY dont want to put super glue on or in them. Super glue has a toxic component to it and will kill you if applied to an open wound.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    um superglue was designed with closing wounds in mind. there is nothing wrong with doing it, it's just hard to clean.
  4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Off topic a 'lil, but a LOT of spider enthusiasts will apply superglue to a split abdomen (butt area) of a wounded spider to seal it back up.

I've never done this, but when my brother leant one of his out for breeding the female bit it so the girl who had it glued shut a puncture in it's back end!

(sadly, he died a few weeks later though).
  5. I could be wrong, But i remember reading a thread on some board (might have been this one, I forgot) and I remember them saying that Superglue will kill you. I dunno I would think if you put it in an open wound the vein would close up from the Glue and your hand would just fall off.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well my friend did it two years ago when he cut his finger minutes before a concert, he's fine.
  7. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
  8. play with your thumb (not slap) - think of other ways to make the song work rather than the speed generated by 2 fingers. it could be enlightening....
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My friend told me that the wrestler "Sabu" came up with superglue to close wounds. People thought he was crazy, he'd do it during matches and people would flip out. Now it's common. I dunno if he was the first. ECW was fun.
  10. I just read that report that Kabark posted and it says that SUPER GLUE CAN CAUSE SEVERE BURNING ON THE SKIN AND TISSUE NECROSIS!!!
    Its in the report READ IT AND WHEEP!!
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Everyone reacts differently.

Some people it may do bad things to, other's it may not.

I'm one of those people that never gets sick... I have had leaded gasoline spill into a cut in my arm, and all I did was rinse it with some water from a bottle, and wipe it with a cloth that was already dirty. I'm fine.

Super Glue doesn't irritate me at all... then again, I do not use it on cuts that are bleeding alot. I just use it when it has stopped bleeding, and hasn't started to scab yet.

I like that new liquid band-aid stuff. It rules.