1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help!! I just picked up a sweet Epiphone Les Paul Bass but it’s missing a string saddle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Garrett, Dec 3, 2018.

1. 423F30CE-5F8F-4ED3-9EB0-1A2C49D08541. Hey everybody maybe you can help me.
    I just picked up this super sweet epiphone les Paul bass guitar I have finally found one that I have wanted for a very long time and after I got it home I discovered it is missing the string saddle for the e string. I contacted the seller and of course he knows nothing about it. I contacted my local music shops and everyone is scratching there heads. Either they try to sell me a different bridge or even talk about having something milled by a machine shop to work. I can’t think this is the only solution. I took a picture of it helps

2. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    I'd just replace the bridge if it were me. even if you found the right saddles, a set might cost as much as a new bridge.

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Measure the hole and check the Hipshot site or even email them they may be able to help. Not sure that's a Hipshot bridge - if it isn't, it's a copy...

4. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    ABM makes a similar bridge too might want to check there. I mean, @ejaggers is probably right, but don't give up on finding a matching saddle without at least looking and asking around a bit - it could happen.

5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Yeah yeah, ABM is closer, let's compare pics, I think maybe you have one of these:
    3740ba18_1.
    ABM 3704ba18

If that looks like a good match, contact ABM, I think you can get just the saddle.

Edit: maybe, maybe not - I see that bridge (and all of the older styles) is on closeout clearance, so they may not have parts. Well, it might be a good time to grab a replacement cheap! Just check if the bolt hole spacing is the same and so on...

Ghastly likes this.
  6. Wow!!! I think that is it!!! Awesome, thank you so much!!! Even the local luthier couldn’t figure that one out.