Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! I need a good 8 ohm 4x10!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, Jun 5, 2001.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Guys, I've been doing nothing but looking at bass stuff online for the past week. What is a good 4x10 cab for around 700 bucks??? I need one that has a half-way decent power rms power handling. Please help! I'm so new to all this stuff.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Seems to me you ought to be able to get an Eden D-410XLT for close to that.

3. $800 will get you a Eden D-4x10xlt from bassnw (i got mine for that much anyways... i think) and its 700watts RMS, and is DOUBLE ported, for extra lows. Very nice cab. I run my WT-800 into it, and couldnt be happier.

4. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I would recommend Genz Benz 4x10T XB rated at 500 watts peak and comes in either 4 0r 8 ohm. I owned two of these and they sounded fantastic...I paid about $559. NEW (Parkway Music in Clifton Park, NY)
    www.Parkwaymusic.com

5. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I have 2 Edens that have never let me down. Try looking on Ebay.

Mike

6. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    You can get an Acme 4-10 for $695. The sound is less colored than most cabs, sorta studio-like, which I personally like but you may not. And it has some *real* low bass, which most 4-10s do not.

The catch is, it's not very efficient and needs a good chuck of power to sound good. It's rated at about 700 W RMS, but many folks use amps of more than 1000 W with them. This won't hurt the cab unless you dime every one of your controls and play continuously at max volume, and maybe not even then.

www.acmebass.com

7. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Eden 410XLT, got mine for exactly 700 used, I could have probably gotten it for less but I got it before they started showing up in stores. I loved the sound of it so much that even though I could have waited and probably got one cheaper, I would have been real disappointed with the tone of my rig at the time-an Ampeg B2R and Anniversary Reissue 4X10, sounded good but the sound I wanted changed and it couldn't do it for me.

Look at Ampeg stuff, the reissue cab I had cost me 500, and sounded good with the B2R. But compared to the Eden it sounded tiny with no bass response. I'm sure Ampegs ported cabs sound great, I've never gotten to play one though, but next chance I get I'm running through one of those suckers.

So there's a mixed vote for you, an all for Eden, and a Ampeg's good but it's no Eden.

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Another vote for the Eden D410XLT. My favorite 410 for the money. Bought mine used from BassNW for about 6 bills.

9. Svt410he or the Pr410 ;D

10. Eden D410XLT. End of story.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hmm...I work part-time in a room FULL of killer 410's. Best sounding one I've heard (just my opinion of course):

Eden D410XST

New model, single ported, handles 1000 watts. It seems to have a "tighter" bottom end than the D410XLT, while still getting all of the lows.

Honorable Mention:

Bergantino 310 (yeah, I know, it's missing a speaker, but you'd never know it hearing it!)

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Cool, Gard. I gotta check one o' these out!

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    BoogieB -

Be warned, these are a BIT more expensive than the D410XLT's, but well worth the extra dead presidents, IMO. ;)

14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Dat-bern.....looks to me kinda like its Eden:rolleyes:

15. xHarperx

xHarperx

May 8, 2001
    this is the smartest man ever!! go with the ampeg

16. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    You might also want to check out a Mesa/Boogie Roadready 4x10.