1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help, I need a knob? ;-)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fender32, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :D All of the English people reading this will be very disappointed/relieved to know that I am talking about volume and tones knobs and not any other kind of "knob" ;) . Hopefully though, it got your attention.

So, can anyone give me any suggestions please, as to where on Earth I might find a chrome/rubber volume and tone knob set for a Fender Elite 1 Precision? I've just bought one and it's 100% original, apart from having the wrong knobs on.

Here's the kind that I need:

ElitePrecisionbody.

Thanks in advance.....

2. Email fender, they might have them. Either that or ebay.

lowsound

3. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the suggestions! I assumed that the parts were discontinued now, so I haven't tried Fender yet, but I'll look into it.

I have scoured eBay (and will continue to) for the past week, but haven't found any yet. Sorry, I should have mentioned this in the original post. :meh:

As well as those sources, I have tried WD Music, Angela Music and numerous European musical instrument outlets.

Any other ideas folks?

:)

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Have a lot of patience. Check Ebay frequently. Post in the Wanted:Bass Guitars, Amps and Accessories forum. Try posting at the Fender forum. Eventually you will find them but it may take a while.

I spent more than a year finding parts for a '76 Gibson Thunderbird, but finally found everything.

5. You could always contact Roger at THG www.thgknobs.com if you fancy something real different....

I realise that this isn't what you asked for, but these wooden knobs are really cool and are available in a huge array of woods/colours.

6. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the topic was "Blink 182". LOL

7. Sounds to me like a great excuse to buy a Fender with the knobs you do need on it, and swap them over :bag:

8. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Those are going to be hard to replace. I did see a set on ebay a few months back(they went for around $30 USD). But that is the only set Ive seen in a few years. Keep looking, Ive been looking for parts for an old fender for 4 years,in the last 2 months I"ve found a pickup and Pickguard. Now I just need pots. I think some knobs For yours may surface sooner or later. Good luck in your search.