1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! I need a picture of the body that belongs to this neck.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zot, Jun 25, 2014.

1. zot

zot

Dec 11, 2010
    This is the neck for a mid 80's Hondo Flash bass H899. It isn't one of the headless guitars. I believe the body is nearby in a box somewhere. I know what it looks like, but the rest of my family doesn't. I tried to find a picture to show them on the web but apparently none exist of this particular model. Can anyone within the community help, please?.

Attached Files:

2. Zot is there any chance you could post the picture of the neck again. Are you sure it's a Flash H899 because all the info
    I can find on them is for headless ones, no bodies just the tuners where the body would be.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/94083-hondo-flash/

3. zot

zot

Dec 11, 2010
    Sure thing! Yeah, the 1st gen Flash bass seems to be a bit obsure. I did find a photo of a 1st gen H799 6 string guitar. I'll post a photo of the bass body if I can ever figure out where I put it.

Attached Files:

4. That's definitely a Flash 899. And I'm completely stumped Zot. Will try looking at some Japanese sites and hope
    something turns up.

5. zot

zot

Dec 11, 2010
    As you can tell, some repairs are in order. Hopefully I can get it back to playable condition. Those holes for the tuners were hand drilled to fit a different size peg and they are very uneven. I will probably refill them and re-drill

6. mangosnapper

mangosnapper

Aug 26, 2014
    Hondo flash bass h 899 ...

Attached Files:

7. mangosnapper

mangosnapper

Aug 26, 2014
    Yes, I got that bass...it's total bad ass !!!

Attached Files: