1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help, i need somebody

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnnybgoode44, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Johnnybgoode44

Johnnybgoode44

Oct 16, 2010
    this might make me sound dumb, but my father has a speaker system that has a lot of different inputs. we have xbox set up to it, our dvd player, cd player, and i just got a new record player so i can play old lp's on it. the notes from the beginning of "dark side of the moon" rattled my brothers collected shot glasses. i do you think its possible to drag my half stack head to the system and some how hook that up to my bass?

i am going to be brand new to a bass and my head is made for an electric guitar cube half stack. thats probably why it sounds like i dont know what im talking about

2. As long as there are 1/4'' inputs and the impedance of the speakers is high enough, I don't see why not.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    NO, not if you're looking to play a bass guitar through it. Bass speakers are very specifically designed, and component stereo equipment will be shredded by bass guitar. 2 very different things, I wouldn't do it if you value the system at all.

4. +1 Recorded audio is higholy compressed.

You would FUBAR your dad's expensive speakers.