1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help! I Need to Know Where to Get a Ric Piece

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by moxnix9, Aug 9, 2002.

  1. My dad has a 4001 Ricky '76 bass. Now 4003. Anyway the second PU has a bridge cover over it. I thought it would sound better without the bridge. It took up a lot of space and without out it you could play right over it. So we did remove the cover. It did a little more than I thought (and my dad, too). :rolleyes: It held some screws and springs in place holding the PU down. So we had to dig out the screws and springs put those back in place. Now the PU itself rattles but no feedback or anything. It is a lot louder now though. But my dad did call our local music store that said a replacement part that fits the rest of this empty space around the PU to stop it from rattling is made...Where can I find this piece?! Thanks in advance guys.
  2. HeavyDuty

    HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The only thing I've ever seen like that is used with aftermarket pickups. Almost everyone removes their bridge pickup cover without any problems - I suspect it's been reassembled incorrectly. It's normal to have a large gap surrounding the bridge pickup after the cover has been removed.

    The screws go through the ring holes, through the ground lug and springs and then into the pickup. There may or may not be washers - I've seen it both ways, and with both metal and nylon washers used.

    See the following PDF from the Ric site for details:

    Ric Bass Pickup Diagram

Share This Page