1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help, I Need To Raise Action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Stampy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I have a lot of fret buzz on my used SRX500 and I obviously need to raise the action a hair. I have never done this before in my life. Is it something a beginner with basic knowlege can do or should I bring it to a shop to have it done professionally. I read a couple of the articles under the sticky but nothing really helped. If it is possible for me to do it can someone please walk me through it.

2. you see those 2 holes on each saddle of your bridge? get an allen key that will fit and turn so it raises the saddle to your desired hight

3. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Wow, thats it. Thanks a bunch!!!

4. Right. If you're familiar with the concept of a "set screw", that's essentially what those are. When you tighten one of those "saddle posts", it pushes the saddle up in response instead of going down into the bridge. That's how you raise/lower action.

5. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Do you have fret buzz all the way up and down the neck? If so then raise the action. If not you probably need a truss rod adjustment, which you can also do yourself pretty easily.

6. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Yes for the most part on the A and D strings.