Help I think my bass is broke

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phishyd, Feb 8, 2005.

1. phishyd

Nov 9, 2004
    I bought a Peavey Grind about 3 weeks ago and had to bring it in for scratchy tone pots 2 times. Now I havent played in a week or so and I picked it up to day and was checking if the tones made noise and top tone knob turns they kinda gets stuck then turns more. It feels like the entire insides moves with it. HELP HELP
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    First of all, just because a knob is malfunctioning, doesnt mean the bass is broken. Parts are repalceable. Second, sounds like the pot is loose to me, probably dirty also.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Take it to an authorized Peavey dealer. It is under warranty, and they should either be able to replace the pot or tell you where the nearest warranty service center is located. It sounds as if the pot needs to be replaced.
  4. phishyd

Nov 9, 2004
    last time it was the bottom knob this time the top. I am new to the bass world. Are pots all one thing in their. They told me they would replace the pots if any other problems with them.
  5. phishyd

Nov 9, 2004
    I just checked and the place I bought it is a Peavey service center. They are closed for the night. I probally shouldnt play with it anymore tonight. Can it screw something up inside of it?
  6. Nope, don't sweat it. Pots are replaceable and very cheap. It won't damage anything. Don't play with it anymore, and just drop the bass in tomorrow and ask them to swap out the pots with new ones.

Should be about a 15 minute job.

7. phishyd

Nov 9, 2004
    thank you all very much