1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Ibanez Experts - Which fretted Ibanez has same profile neck as my fretless GWB-105?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kmrumedy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Just bought an Ibanez GWB-105 and absolutely love the 16.5mm spacing and the neck profile. So much so that I am now looking for a fretted Ibanez sister to my GWB.

I just checked out a 1205e Premium and was surprised to find the neck was much thicker than my GWB. It didn't feel anything like the GWB neck.

Can anyone tell me which model (s) would have the same profile neck as the GWB? Would it be a prestige model?

I know they make a fretted GWB-2 and love to buy one but they are really hard to find.

Suggestions from the Ibanez guys that really know these basses. Thanks.

2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Anyone selling a GWB-2?

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Not sure about that one, but the GWB is based on the SR series, so I think the premium and prestige lines will fit. The ''best'' option to look at will be the prestige series in my opion. Ibanez spend a lot of time to get a nice neck profile.

4. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    So did I but when I tried a premium and now a prestige model the necks are thicker and some cases much thicker than the GWB1.

I have placed a wanted ad for a GWB2 but they are very hard to find.

Just want to know if any other fretted model shares the same neck profile as a GWB.

I can't find the answer.

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    The GVB36 had the smallest neckprofile. Though it comes with 14 mm strring spacing..

Kmrumedy likes this.
  6. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you Thomas.

Thomas Kievit likes this.