Help: Ibanez or ESP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wicked mr happy, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Hey, which is better, Ibanez GSR200 or ESP LTD B-50? I've been deliberating begginers' basses for quite some time and I've narrowed my search down to these two. Thanks.
  2. lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    i dont really care for the esp personally.
  3. I would have to agree. I dont really like the low end ESP stuff much, but then again that Ibanez isn't anything to write home about. Are you looking at these basses new, or used? Really try to find a better used bass if you can you wont regret it. Check out maybe a MIM Fender Std. Jazz or a cheaper Yamaha used. It might help if you give us your price range.
  4. Hello

I Am also looking at either a Ibanez gsr200 or a ESP LTD B-50. Both of them are in my price range (Below AUS$800), but i am also looking at a Squire Affinity P-Bass. I Would like to know the main difference's between these instruments (quality wise). Thanks!

5. Id go for the Ibanez over any of the others Penguin. I dont like Squires at all, and ESP just feels cheap. But remember, look at used places and try to find something better for the same price, just used.
  6. I'd go 4 the GSR200, ...if I didn'T allready have one.:D
    Why don't you try both of them out and the one you like best, get.
    If you are a beginner it's a great bass, if your a little more experianced, it's still an ok bass but if you are looking 4 a more "profesionel" bass it's worth the Xtra cash.

(sorry about the spelling, i'm tired!)
  7. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I have a b50 and am pretty darn satisfied with it. Once you change the strings and adjust your action it's lovely :cool: Tonewise not bad at all, but the paint chips very easily. Mine was supposed to be a blue color, but is more of a forest green sparkle. I dislike the hardware, but it's not unbearable. The Ibanez you're talking about is also a great starter bass, I've played many of them. My preference level of what's been named:

3. ESP b 50
    2. Ibanez gsr200
    1. mim Fender P or J (I'm getting my p-bass this week :) )