1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP ID MIJ Fender... Thanks...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juan Count, Jan 19, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Supposedly... MIJ or CIJ (I'm yet to check it out)... Fender 5 String Precision Bass... ?

Tried searching... no info... ?

Help much appreciated... I'll be giving it a bash tomorrow...

2. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
  3. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Looks like a refinned Squier P-Bass Standard with added thumbrest and pickup cover. The older Indonesian models had that high mass bridge. Is that the only picture? Would like to see without p/u cover and closeups of headstock front and back and back of neck and body. Anything recent MIJ or CIJ will say so near the neck heel.

4. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    It would probably not be appropriate for me to post a link to an eBay auction, but if you search eBay for this
    "SQUIER BY FENDER PRECISION BASS GUITAR 5-STRING STANDARD SERIES RH (MD)"

You will see a nearly identical Indonesian Squier Standard Series 20th Anniversary. It's a little different than the Squier P-Bass Special.

Edit: You will also find a picture or two in this thread.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/squier-precision-5-string-club-770662/

Another difference between the Standard and the Special is the placement of the jack. On the Special it is on the pickguard, on the Indonesian Standard it is on the body like in your picture.