Help ID speaker cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deadphish, Nov 16, 2004.

1. deadphish

Oct 2, 2004
    I have what appears to be an old fender 2x15. It has the tolex covering(peeling off) and a a kick back leg that says fender on it.
    IS this a bassman or a dual showman? What is the wattage of these? I am guessing this thing is at least 25 years old (possibly 35). Any info at all will help :).
  2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    It may be a Dual Showman. Do the drivers have aluminum dust covers? If so they are likely JBL D130s and it's a Dual Showman from around 1965. If not then it's probably a Bassman from around 1971 or later. Bassmen from the '60s used dual twelves, in small cabs through about 1967, larger cabs after that.
  3. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Bill's comments confirm my recollections of Fender's '60s and '70s cabs. I specifically recall that the Bassman cabs were 40" in height through those years. The Dual Showman cab was taller, maybe 43" or 45"+ in height? What are the measurements of your cab?
  4. deadphish

Oct 2, 2004
    I'm gonna post some pics here in a bit. Any guesses on wattage/power handling? My reason for asking is I am wondering if it is ok to use an SVT4-pro to power this fender cab and a 200w GK2x10. I tried the bi-amp outs on the ampeg head but it did not produce a sound. The only thing that has worked so far is using the power amp A and B outs (A to fender, B to GK). I would really like to get this rig bi amped though. Any ideas why it didn't work?