1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help ID this modified Japanese Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mz91, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hi guys,

I havent touched a bass in years but ran across a nice looking Jazz bass last saturday at the flea market for 30$ so couldnt pass it up.

As soon as I saw the "made in japan" on the neck plate I bought it. Im guessing the neck is a replacement neck as it doesnt have any branding on it.

Can anyone help me ID the bass with these photos? Or am I going to need to take the neck off and look for a serial nr? :eek:

I'll have to change it from a lefty Bass back to normal right handed bass by exchanging the nut. Is that process difficult or could I do it myself?

Thanks guys....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    30 bucks? That looks pretty sweet for 30 bucks.

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Yeah, no prob switchin' (reversin') nut orientation from lefty to righthanded yourself

Ugly pickguard positionin' (9 out of 10 it's a tort retrofit of a three ply black/white/black original one)

Other than that chances are it's a small, underestimate, jem

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    Bacchus bass?