1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Identify Kawai Bass KRB40(I think)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaxtell, May 20, 2011.

1. jaxtell

jaxtell

May 20, 2011
    So there's a C-list add for a Kawai Bass RB65A, but in the photos it only has one set of pick-ups (see pic). What model is it and how much is it worth (he's asking $150).

Thanks,
    jerry

Attached Files:

2. jaxtell

jaxtell

May 20, 2011
    Here is a picture of the neck...

Attached Files:

3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I've never seen one of those before, but based on the description at Getting Started, it sure sounds like a KRB40.

I suspect the seller's calling it an RB65A because there have been couple of those on Ebay recently and this one looks generally similar. (The model numbers don't appear on the bass anywhere from what I remember, and they're not exactly distinctive, so you could see where he'd get confused!)

Mike

4. jaxtell

jaxtell

May 20, 2011
    Mike,
    Thanks, I don't think he is trying to be bogus, but I couldn't really find a lot of info on Kawai's Basses (or pictures for that matter). Just trying to identify this one. It looks real clean in the photos he sent, I'll probably go see it in person tomorrow.

Trying to get an idea of what to offer him.

Thanks,
    jerry

5. jaxtell

jaxtell

May 20, 2011
    Went and looked, looked good for it's age. He said they were still the original strings (red windings @top). My stupid head phone amp quit on me, but I'm going to look again next week.

Anyone have a ballpark on the value?