1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help identify my Fender strings, black silks

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by NorCal Dog, Feb 22, 2008.

1. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    i just want to say thanks in advance for you're help.

i just picked up a Squier Affinity Jazz V, & absolutely love the strings on this bass, ( as it's the only bass that I own that i didn't immediately cut off the strings & install DR's ).
    on the website they say that they are SS 7350-5m's, but i read somewhere, ( & i can't remember where, doh.. ) that the fender 7250 nickels have the black silks.. so, i'm like wt? ??????

so, are they the 7350's, or the 7250 nickels ?

DSCF0014-2.

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    7250's have black silk, 7350's have red silk.

3. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    thanks, in appreciate it. :)

4. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    7250s rock

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    +1 :hyper:

6. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    i TOTALLY agree :bassist:

7. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Bass drops and breakdowns since 2009

Jul 8, 2011
    Southwest Florida
    Sorry to revive and old thread, but does anyone know where I could get a set of these? I got a set of 7250's from my school when they changed the strings and I really like these strings, but I want to try them new. Musician's Friend says they were discontinued which is a bitter disappointment because these are amazing.

8. Mikhail1

Mikhail1

Apr 8, 2008
    I would try Guitar Center if you have one nearby or a local independant music store. They usually have older stock on hand.

9. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Bass drops and breakdowns since 2009

Jul 8, 2011
    Southwest Florida
    Thanks, I'll have to try that!

10. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    Try Jason at BassStringsOnline. If there is a supply anywhere he may know where to direct you or he may be able to suggest a similar alternative from another mfg.

Welcome to Bass Strings Online - Your Custom Bass String Shop...

11. I respectfully disagree from the personal experiences and buying of new basses these past three years.

I have bought new basses and had people sell me these strings from their own new machines when they instantly rip them off when they get their new MII Squire and MIM Fender bass home, for some other brand - both red and black silks

They are BOTH advertised as 'Fender 7250 NPS' strings and they come red or black and even some as no-silks at all. This is on BOTH the Fender and the Squier sites too.

It all goes to prove that Fender has nothing more than input from whomever is really making these strings for them.

Kinda like this: "Sell us some strings that fit the bass and we don't care what they are as we will sell them as original strings on every bass we sell and still call them "7250 NPS" strings.

Translated, this prolly means that they are long enough.

Personally, I like the red silks a tad better, but the nakeds (no silks) ones suck big ones! Lots of string whiz and clank and otherwise obnoxious metallic noises that aren't part of a bass guitar AFAIAC.

The OE strings with just colored beads are totally junk as far as I can say.

Just in case you think this is a 'Squier-only' situation, it's not.

I do NOT believe that one can buy the red silk '7250's' from any aftermarket retailer, not even Fender.