Help Identify This Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scarlet Rowe, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Greetings all-
    Could someone please help me identify this bass?

The best i can conclude is it's an early 70's Hofner Les Paul Type Model but I can't find anything online.

Here's a link to a video of Johnny Colt from The Black Crowes playing the bass in question...

The bass is visible at 0:46:44
    The headstock visible at 0:47:41

Who Killed That Bird Out On Your Window Sill - The Black Crowes (1992) - YouTube

Thanks

2. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    I'm not perfectly sure, but it looks like a Waterstone bass. I don't think Waterstone makes that model right now. You can go to the Waterstone website and click around, I think there is an interview with an endorsee playing the exact same bass.

3. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Looks a bit like a Greco Zemaitis without all the metallic bling. Of course, it doesn't have the Greco badge on the headstock, so prolly not that either. The Washburn Idol also comes to mind - very similar.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021