Help identifying a Victor Wooten song!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tehdouglas, May 19, 2007.

1. Tehdouglas

Tehdouglas

Feb 10, 2006
    NH
    Hey guys, I remember watching an awesome video of Vic playing a solo in youtube awhile back but i can't seem to find it again. Heres what I remember-

The song was very melodic
    He used chords quite a bit
    The song was fairly long (8 minutes I think?)
    There was a big percussive break down in the middle where he messed with the tunings and then played around for awhile before slowly tuning back up and ending back on the melodic part

If anyone knows this song let me know! Thanks.

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    sounds like bass day 2003 I think it was..

I know that video is on youtube I watched it 100x, its played on his old monarch

3. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I have searched high and low on youtube and it appears to be gone. User must of taken it down or it got pulled.

4. Tehdouglas

Tehdouglas

Feb 10, 2006
    NH
    Ah thats too bad, that song was kickin. Thanks for your effort!

5. I think the track you are thinking of appears at the end of the workshop section on Vic's DVD with Carter Beauford "Making Music". It is listed on the DVD sleeve as coming from his performance on Bass Day 2001. I couldn't find a title for it apart from "Unaccompanied Bass Solo from Bass Day 2001" .

He actually uses his Fodera tenor bass on this performance.

I hope this helps.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021