1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Identifying a Warwick // Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hand Amputation, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Hand Amputation

Hand Amputation

Sep 14, 2008
    Oklahoma
    First of all let me apologize in advance if this is breaking any forum rules (or if it is in the wrong place), but I am researching a bass I found online and I am wondering if you guys can help me identify what exact series this is, and perhaps the value so I can make a fair offer.

Here are the pics:

Ae3rw6V.

zR40ftn.

1kyeps7.

Obviously the truss rod cover is homemade, but I can order a new one I'm sure...

Thank you in advance!

2. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    It's a Corvette Standard Bubinga. Looks like the passive model. Without knowing the year it was built you can't tell if it's German or Korean. As for value, that probably depends on your location, the country of manufacture and the condition it's in. It looks pretty clean but the photos are not especially high quality.

3. Hand Amputation

Hand Amputation

Sep 14, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Thank you for the reply. Seller says it's German. Any idea of how I can make sure?

Pickups have been replaced with active EMGs as well.

4. Mudcat35

Mudcat35

Feb 21, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Yep, Corvette Standard Bubinga. It looks to be German, but you can go to the website at www.warwick.de, select "Warwick" then go to the Support tab, and at the bottom of that page will be a serial number section. Enter the serial number and it will tell you EVERYTHING about that bass, including where it was made and when.

From looking at the pictures, it looks like the electronics have been totally gutted. The MEC's are gone, and the old pots are in the case. One of them looks like a stacked pot, which would indicate a bass/treble boost/cut. I don't see a battery clip, so I could be wrong on that. My Corvette is fully passive, and does not have a stacked pot. The case is obviously not original, so the original gig bag and case candy are gone. The truss rod cover has been monkeyed with, and that would make me wonder why. The non-originality is going to hurt the value, in my opinion. I bought mine for $400 used, but that's below market value. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 for this one.

5. Hand Amputation

Hand Amputation

Sep 14, 2008
    Oklahoma
  6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Good spot on the pickups. Looks like someone has done a passive conversion on it. With the original pickups and pots included you should be able to get it back to stock fairly easily. It also has part of the original truss rod cover in there, but it looks like it is missing the name plate that clips in.

If you can't get the full serial number, you would be able to tell the country of manufacture from the year of manufacture. I believe that production switched over to Korea in 2009, although you would be better to check on the Warwick forum to make sure than just to take my word for it.

7. Inter-Bass

Inter-Bass Supporting Member

May 18, 2014
    Memphis TN
    Does it come with the case? If it does, with those pickups, a solid $700 + shipping. If you get it for less then it's a good deal