1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help identifying make/model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brucem3, Apr 11, 2010.

1. brucem3

brucem3

Feb 26, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Would appreciate any help identifying the make and model of this bass. The neck is metal (I assume stainless steel) and quite heavy. Only marking is on the oval neck plate and reads "A5589" and "MADE IN U.S.A."

TIA!

Attached Files:

2. brucem3

brucem3

Feb 26, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Wow, that was quick! Yup, sure looks like the exact same one. Many thanks!

3. Honestly, I lucked out on my first Google search on it. They just happened to have that exact model& color in one of the images I saw on P.1. Glad to have been of assistance - looks like a sweet bass!

4. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    The only bass that will pull your shoulder to the floor faster is a Gibson RD Artist.

5. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    And gash your shin open! lol a friend of mine had a pumpkin orange one!

6. I got this bass from a late friend of mine's son. It looks kind of like a Gibson EBO, but has some features that don't match. It has been refinished but the serial number and Made in USA appear on the back of the headstock. The number is:17299 and the made in usa looks as if it were burned in with a branding iron. It has one pickup and looks like it may have been red in color at one time. I am going to try and put some photos here to help those who might help me.

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I had one. Bought it new in 1980 at Manny's in NYC. It was natural (I've never seen another one in that color). It weighed a ton, but was perfectly balanced and sounded huge. I was disappointed that the neck wasn't fully aluminum. It was wood, with aluminum down the middle (where the skunk stripe would be) and on the edges of the back of the neck.

8. bajaandy

bajaandy

Apr 25, 2010
    SoCal