1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help identifying old Fender bass bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by andygio, Jun 7, 2014.

1. andygio

andygio

Jun 7, 2014
    I think it's a Fender anyways. I found this while going through my parts drawer. It's from a lot of bridges I bought nearly 10 years ago on ebay. It has rust and pitting, but all screws function fine. There is a crease line running straight along the back of the string thru holes. Hard to see in the pic, but it's definitely there. A seller on ebay states that this line is indicative of a bridge from the 60's thru mid to late 70's. This has allen head height adjustment screws, so I know it's not 60's vintage, but could it be from the 70's? Any Fender bass hardware experts reading this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

20140607_175308. 20140607_175440. 20140607_175516.

2. Free bump? It's not from a musicmaster, I can tell you that....

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    looks like finer metric threads and thus a run of the mill import bridge, worth basically nothing.

4. andygio

andygio

Jun 7, 2014
    Bummer, but thanks for the quick, authoritative response. I appreciate it. I'm sure it is worth something to someone. Isn't that why ebay has been in existence for so long? :^)

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
  6. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Could be an 80s Made in Japan Fender bass bridge. I usually don't see them that rusty, though. Someone before you didn't take care of it very well.