Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help identifying speaker cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The_Wang, Oct 19, 2004.

1. The_Wang

The_Wang

Oct 19, 2004
    Hey, i thought i'd try and make my first post here a hard one.

Recently i bought a peavey mark 3 head off this guy and he chucked in a cab coz he was sick of it lying around in his shed.

The brand is lancer, its a 4x12, black with a tweed front. He tells me its from the 60's but he could be mistaken. I opened it up and the speaker have the following serial number or whatever

21622 0
    12 PQ/15

with something that like a PO9 on the edge.

Was just wondering if anybody new anything about this particular cabinet, vintage, wattage, ohmage etc coz im totally at a loss after google turned up nothing.

Cheers

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    um 12PQ sounds like a Jensen model number. For the most part those were 25 to 30 watts per speaker giving your cab a 100 watt capability. That is a SWAG by the way ...

If the cab is from the 60's or 70's it is most likely a 4 or 8 ohm cab, could go either way. You would need a meter to be sure. For better info, I'd post over at the webervst board. Those guy's do vintage speakers like we do basses ...