1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help identifying Squier P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bronsonelliott, Aug 15, 2012.

1. bronsonelliott

bronsonelliott

Apr 14, 2011
    Hey guys! I've found a used Squier P bass on GL that looks pretty good. There's some good pics of the head stock and it doesn't appear to be an Affinity model. And based on the serial number, it looks to be a 1996 MIK model. Is that right?

Also, looking at the color. Has anyone seen this color before? It's a dark red color. Almost maroon. Is this a stock color for a Squier for this model year?

Just looking for a little more information on this model of bass to see if they are generally good basses. Of course, I'll need to try out this particular one to see how it plays, etc.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/msg/3207346811.html

2. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Yes, they used that color on Korean Squiers. It may be the same as the current "Midnight Wine"

3. had one that color...

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... these can have some pretty nice profile necks ... I had a mid 90's Korean P and it was VERY light ... about 7.25 lbs ... just be aware, some of these in that era used laminate bodies (plywood), not that it is a terrible thing, just something to be aware of ... for the price, well worth the trip to go look at ...

5. bronsonelliott

bronsonelliott

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. BTW - how would I know if it's made from plywood or not? I'm guessing it would be pretty light but I'm not sure how much they *should* weigh normally.