1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help identifying strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jaldegren, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I came across these funky looking strings on a 5 string Ibanez BTB at my local music store today. I've never seen anything like it before. There seems to be a regular silver colored wire AND a blue wire wrapped around the core.

So, do you guys know what these strings are called and/or who makes them?

image-1369368435.

2. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't know, but that looks cool!! I wanna know too!

3. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    I would contact Jason at bassstringsonline. He's the string guru around here. Those are very cool looking.

4. Thanks for the tip, I might do that! :) Is he here on talkbass?

5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I am totally spacing right now, but I am thinking we talked about these before on here...

6. Do you have any idea of who might happen to make these or where I can look for further information? :)

7. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I had the same thought - this topic was within the past few months, even. For the life of me, I cannot remember what brand made them, though. I wanted to say it was Dean Markley, but I think I thought that last time because they have the "Blue Steel" product line.

EDIT: I found the previous thread, but there wasn't any more useful identification information in there: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f16/copper-steel-strings-need-replacement-862918/

8. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I was thinking old D'Addario Slow Wounds for some reason...