1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Help identifying these three basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mathilde, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Mathilde

Mathilde

Apr 9, 2019
    Hello, yes as you can see from the title, I need your help :)
    I am looking to buy a new bass and I have these three in mind, but the sellers do not know the exact models

The blue/green and the pink are Samicks and the brown is a Washburn. Can you help identifying the exact model or at least the series? :)
    The blue/green Samick is, according to the seller, probably from the Artist series but I am not so sure

The washburn:
    Screenshot - e43d7ea3380ac4d59423aa4560aa69e2 - Gyazo
    Screenshot - c235b65bcf5340faa8631187ba693ad4 - Gyazo

The Samicks:
    Screenshot - 00b8d28171e430a5577b5716d6b9a448 - Gyazo
    Screenshot - 0076c7b6359dff015a3f722b3fc83521 - Gyazo

The Washburn is listed at about 100$
    The blue Samick is around 275$ and the pink is 120$

2. The blue one is an SAKB-6690, the pink one looks like an Artist series. Probably 20 to 25 years old at least. No idea about the Washburn other than it was built by Samick as well.
    I hope you can test them before purchase or at least have a solid return agreement in place if you can't.
    Good luck and welcome to TB :)

Mathilde likes this.
  3. @Mathilde

No idea about the Samicks but I think the Washburn is a Force 4. Saw one sold on Reverb a year or so back for $350.

@MEKer

Have you any idea which Washburn is pictured in the links ?

4. Mathilde

Mathilde

Apr 9, 2019

Thank you so much!

5. Mathilde

Mathilde

Apr 9, 2019
    Thank you!

6. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    for a paltry $120 I'd be all over that pink Samick PJ

Atshen likes this.
  7. BTW the Washburn is Japanese so not built by Samick, they are a Korean company.

8. Mathilde

Mathilde

Apr 9, 2019
    Yea but the problem is that I do not know the specs and I would want to know them before I bought it :)

9. Atshen

Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    What do you need to know?

My second bass ever was a model similar to the pink Samick but with only one P-style pickup. It sounded good (not great) but it played very nicely with low action. For 120 bucks, you can hardly go wrong.

10. Samick built for everyone. At one point producing 50% of all guitars sold world-wide. Washburn production began in Korea in 1991 and moved to Indonesia a year later as Korean wages were rising and production of cheaper brands wasn't profitable. Indonesian Samicks under any brand name usually have an I in the serial# prefix.

There won't be much to know.....34" scale, stamped or cast steel bridge, unbranded p/u's, maple or rosewood neck, alder/ash or plywood body.
    People didn't care about the specs, just the price for these and the factories mixed and matched parts depending on what was stacked in the warehouse.

mikewalker likes this.
  11. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    i owned a 5 string version of the blue/green samick. it was stolen. it was a very nice bass for the price. reasonable pickups and active electronics. i believe it was volume, blend, bass, treble. 9v active.

12. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
  13. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Correct...Force 4...as it has rosewood fretboard.

Force 8 had maple fretboard. I should think he would be able to get it for $275-$300 nowadays. But...??

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    SP_EB4L and kodiakblair like this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021