1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help identifying this GK rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrianMx, Apr 1, 2015.

1. BrianMx

BrianMx

Jun 22, 2014
    South Surrey, BC
    Hi there. This 410/210 rig is for sale locally. The seller thinks he bought it 7 years ago, but I am unable to find any pictures of it online and there is no model noted on the cabinet (that he can see anyways). Can anyone help me identify the cabinets? Any feedback from anyone using these? Any thoughts on their value?

gk gallien krueger 2x10 4x10 cabs bassmade in usa

( I hope I posted this in the right area, and that the link does in fact work:)

Thanks to everyone!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

7 years ago? More like 20 years ago. Unless he bought them used. The 2x10 is a 210T. Assuming the 4x10 is a 410T.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I wouldnt pay $800. Maybe $500.

4. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    RBS Series Cabinets Owner's Manual - Gallien-Krueger

RBX Series Bass Enclosures Owner's Manual - Page 4 of 4 - Gallien-Krueger

Both of these links are to GK discontinued speaker cabs. The weight shown is probably still correct for your speakers. The artwork on the 4x10 is like the rbs but your 2x10 has a white patch on the right side of the GK name, which isn't what the cab has in the manual. These are both lifted from the GK website; go to GK, then to support, then click on the 'discontinued manuals' link. I couldn't find any dates. Jason might give you those: jason@gallienkrueger.com

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Def not RBS cabs. The cabs are front ported in the ad. They are T series. Much older.

B-string likes this.
  6. BrianMx

BrianMx

Jun 22, 2014
    South Surrey, BC
    Thanks so much for the help! It seems like they might be overpriced, so I guess I will keep looking. :)

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  7. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    Agree. 100% NOT RBS cabs. I have a 410RBS and that ain't it.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'd grab that 4x10 and put a tweeter (and crossover) in it. Looks like a decent cab.

9. Omega Monkey

Omega Monkey

Mar 8, 2015
    We have this thing now you may have heard of called "haggling" (very cutting edge). Seriously though, just because someone is asking for a certain price, doesn't mean you have to offer them that price. $300 for the 4x10 and $200 for the 2x10 would be closer. I might open with $450 for both and see where things go.

But on that note, I wouldn't get both cabs (to use together), because being both 8ohms, the drivers in the 2x10 would be getting twice the power of the drivers in the 4x10. But if you wanted a 2x10 for smaller shows/practice and a 4x10 for larger shows, have at it (otherwise stick to one or the other). My guess is they would be pretty nice sounding cabs and it looks like they're in good shape for their age which is always a good sign.

Bass_Pounder likes this.
  10. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Those are long discontinued but good cabs, naturally suited to pair with the 800RB. His asking price is way above the norm for these, even in their condition; they're at least two decades old. Haggle with him if you'd like and be sure to test the cabs before buying.