1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help identifying vintage Ampeg 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neckdive, Feb 12, 2016.

1. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    This is out of town but within driving distance. For all of you vintage Ampeg experts, can you estimate the year, value, etc. of this Ampeg 810 flatback. Any other info you could share would be great. Is it a legit flatback and is so what year(s). What drivers should I expect?

Thanks in advance.

image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image.

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    They were only made from 69-75 but you'd have to identify the year by the drivers assuming they're original. Can't see around the jack but an early one would have the 4-pin jack plug on there. Given the condition (no tolex, corners, or footcups, non-original grill cloth) I wouldn't pay much unless you really wanted a heavy and low power cab. There was one on my local CL for $250 in better condition than that, and I think I paid around $300 for my 72.

neckdive likes this.