1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help i'm rhythmically deficient

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by chief ten beers, Oct 1, 2008.

1. chief ten beers

chief ten beers

Jan 4, 2005
    I've been playing guitar for 25 years and picked up the bass probably about 10 years ago but have mainly dabbled in it.one thing i know is that learning the rock and blues guitarist route i missed out on a lot of formalized studies and foremost would be rhythm.i know to really fill the role of bass player you have to lock in with the drummer and have a keen understanding of rhythmic principles.i know the basics but i need to drill it into my head and make it mine.any books on the subject that you'd suggest with a lot of good exercises and some theory as well?

2. chief ten beers

chief ten beers

Jan 4, 2005
    thank you,excellent video and a that's a great start.

3. emoterply

emoterply

Mar 1, 2007
    I would recommend listening to any James Brown circa the late 60's/early 70's such as the cd compilation "In the Jungle Groove". You will never become Bootsy, but if you listen enough, you'll be able to lock in and groove. Find the one and have fun...Good luck.