Help! I'm Voiceless Again

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djproject, Mar 3, 2001.

1. I know I'm going to get ostracized or bombared with responses or both... but...

Today I decided to give up (sort of) with my first amp that I have had for about six or so months. It's a Yamaha B100-115 that I bought at a pawn shop and the only real problem is the portability... it lacks it (15" cabinet size).

So, I'm looking for a new amp (which is the same thing as asking I need new shoes or I need new socks... for some of you :)). What I'm looking for is portability and yet can still pack a powerful punch and a good tone quality (warm, punchy). Effects will be nice but I'm hoping to get a multi-effects pedal as well. The price range is between $100 to $300

If that didn't help, I looked through a Guitar Center magazine and the following models came to mind: Fender Bassman 25, Crate BFX50

If that didn't help, well I don't what will...

Thank you,

Derek J. Power
  2. W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    If you want a warm feel => go for a fender, but it costs a lot more i think
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Powerful punch and good tone quality are going to cost you more than $300.
  4. I got my amp. Crate BFX25. Fits the criteria (small, good tone, effects, decent price range).

Thank you for listening. :)

Derek J. Power
  5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Go to ebay! I like my hartke head with my swp goliath II 4-10s but it will cost ya alot more!