1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

Help Installing String Retainer

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Saint, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    I am trying to install 1-2 string retainers on the new bass I just built. I've built basses before, but this is the first time I've needed a string retainer.

My question is this: where on the headstock would you install a string retainer for the G-D strings and, possibly for the A-E strings?
    I'm using a moses graphite J-bass neck. I currently have the tradtional, round retainers; however, I am open to buying different style retainers if there's a benefit.

Thanks.