1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help is appreciated...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike phillips, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hi, Mike's daughter Michelle again. I'm doing a project for school and for part of it I need to make a river. Now, what would be a good way to go about doing that? I was going to use blue tissue paper with cellophane to make is shiney(though I'm up for better offers...) but I'm unsure of how I can get that to stick to the board. Like I said, help is greatly appreciated a.s.a.p.
    Thank you all so much,
    Michelle

2. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Double stick two sided tape. 3M makes it and a hardware store will have it.

3. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Go to a hobby shop. Guys who make model railroads have all the knowledge and supplies to do very realistic scenery modeling.

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i googled the phrase 'model river' for you to see if i could get any leads...first link that came up was Mullet River.

I quit.

5. HAHA, thanks for looking though.
    And the rest of you, thank you.
    I knew about hobby shops, I've made "water" with their help before, but I don't have as much time this time. I got something to work though and I appreciate your efforts.

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I made one of those in 4th grade. I don't remember how though...

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    glue