Help, is my amp big enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassopotomus_2, Aug 12, 2001.

1. im quite a begginer to bass.

i have a 20 Watt warwick amp. the amp is about
    just over a foot in height and the same in width.

the speaker inside itself is pretty big and take up all the space it can.

i was wondering for small gigs such as pubs, small clubs and tiny halls, would this amp be big enough?
    im doubting it would, i dont have much money to buy a new one just yet as im buying a new Peavy 4 string very shortly.

if this wouldnt be big enough, what would, and whats the cheapest ways i could sort this problem, would linking help? or will i have to buy many more amps?

thanx for all help

2. steinbergerxp2

steinbergerxp2 Guest

Jul 11, 2001
    As you guessed, it's not enough amp for more than 1 acoustic guitar.

The cheapest solution is buying a larger, used, combo in the 150w range; Peavey has made these for decades and you should be able to grab one for $200 or less.
  3. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    I've used a 20 watt Peavey microbass for about a year now, and its served me well for practices. It only just handle our guitarists new 60 watt fender, but managed (in practices). For gig situations you'd want something more, but if you really needed it I suppose it might do the job (for quite small gigs). A trick I used to do when our band played in the school hall (quite large) was to sit a microphone in front of the amp speaker (the mic was connected to the PA speakers in the hall) and that would project the sound through the PA speakers, but whether you can employ the same method depends on your gig situation.
  4. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Although I would seriously consider upgrading the amp if your band is moving into gig mode, as you'll want the power.