Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help, it's blowin' up.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by picknslap, Mar 22, 2005.

1. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    I have a GK Backline 4x10, the best I can do at the moment. about a month ago the top left speaker started buzzing, and the cab lost volume. So, we took out the speaker and saw that the two silver wires that connect to the speakers, one of them had fallen out, actually, it was black around the hole it goes in, and there was a piece still in the solder, so I guess it fried in half or something... anyway, we put it back in and soldered it back where it was.

Everything was then fine for about three weeks, then the same exact thing happened to the bottom left speaker. So I fixed that last week, and today at practice, the top left speaker was buzzing again. I haven't opened it up yet, but it sounds like the same thing as before.

I'm running an Ampeg B2R into it. Anyone know why this is hapening, and how to stop it? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm not very good with words.

2. Give us a ring at the factory tommorow. We should be able to take care of that. If it's less than a year old it's under warranty, but even if it's out of warranty, we should be able to work something out.

3. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    well. I didn't exactly send in the warranty card, but I have it and the receipt layin around here somewhere. I'll call.

4. The warranty card are just to help us to know our customers better.. If you have your receipt, that'll work fine.