Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP! know anything about bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnnyp, Dec 13, 2003.

1. johnnyp

johnnyp

Dec 13, 2003
    ok heres the situation, i have a peavy TKO 115
    [​IMG]
    and i want to add on a cab like this one (Click here)
    is this possible to do cos i dont want to buy one and find out it wont be powered or whatever.

cheers
    jp :rolleyes:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You will not be able to add that Black Widow cabinet, or any other cabinet, to that combo.

-Mike

3. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Erm acctually, he can. I own a TKO and have been using an extention cab (Peavey 4x10) for quite a while now. On the back of the amp there will be an external speaker output, but remember, the cab must be 8 Ohms for it to work.

Cheers,

matt

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Alright then, I stand corrected. I found nothing on the Peavey website indicating you could run a second cabinet out of his 75 watt combo.

Since we are on the subject, perhaps you could help this guy out in this thread....Peavey TNT Question

I was under the impression a guy could run a second cab off the TNT. According to a couple posts in that thread, it is not possible. The guy who started the thread was having some trouble trying to get a second cab to work on his.

-Mike

5. johnnyp

johnnyp

Dec 13, 2003
    ok i'l jus buy one at 8 ohms and see if it works
    cheers
    jp :rolleyes:

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Whoa, dude! Try it, then buy it.

;)

7. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    :bassist: I know the pieces fit...cause I watch them tumble down... no fault.. none to blame.. it doesn't me I don't desire to point the finger.:bassist:

8. I have the exact same combo, and it is safe to attach a 8 ohm cab from the extension jack in the back.