HELP! know anything about bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnnyp, Dec 13, 2003.

1. johnnyp

johnnyp

Dec 13, 2003
    ok heres the situation, i have a peavy TKO 115
    [​IMG]
    and i want to add on a cab like this one (Click here)
    is this possible to do cos i dont want to buy one and find out it wont be powered or whatever.

cheers
    jp :rolleyes:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You will not be able to add that Black Widow cabinet, or any other cabinet, to that combo.

-Mike

3. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Erm acctually, he can. I own a TKO and have been using an extention cab (Peavey 4x10) for quite a while now. On the back of the amp there will be an external speaker output, but remember, the cab must be 8 Ohms for it to work.

Cheers,

matt

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Alright then, I stand corrected. I found nothing on the Peavey website indicating you could run a second cabinet out of his 75 watt combo.

Since we are on the subject, perhaps you could help this guy out in this thread....Peavey TNT Question

I was under the impression a guy could run a second cab off the TNT. According to a couple posts in that thread, it is not possible. The guy who started the thread was having some trouble trying to get a second cab to work on his.

-Mike

5. johnnyp

johnnyp

Dec 13, 2003
    ok i'l jus buy one at 8 ohms and see if it works
    cheers
    jp :rolleyes:

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Whoa, dude! Try it, then buy it.

;)

7. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    :bassist: I know the pieces fit...cause I watch them tumble down... no fault.. none to blame.. it doesn't me I don't desire to point the finger.:bassist:

8. I have the exact same combo, and it is safe to attach a 8 ohm cab from the extension jack in the back.