Help! Korg rackmount tuner question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DannyG, Jun 10, 2003.

1. DannyG

Feb 23, 2002
    I just got a DTR1000 and for the life of me can't figure out how to use the mute function. I assume this is so you can tune your bass silently. Can anyone tell me how to hook this thing up. Right now I'm just connecting from the output of my preamp into the input on the tuner. I tried plugging into the mute input but nothing happens. Thanks
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    To use the mute, you must place the tuner in-line with your signal = into the tuner, THEN out to the amp. Possible also to use it in your effects loop.

Right now, it sounds like the way you have it set up the signal goes into the tuner, but not back out of it to your amp. It would therefore has no ability to cut the signal with the mute button engaged.

Is this "mute input" you are referring to an input for a footpedal to turn the mute on and off? If so, don't plug into it.
  3. In order to use the mute button you'll need to run your bass to an input on the tuner (on the front) and then from an output (on the back) to your amp input. If you take a tuner send from you amp to the tuner input the mute function will not work as you still have direct input to your amp. I hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions. I have the same tuner.
  4. I also have the same tuner.

You need to go from your bass to the tuner (front or back - all the same), then to your pre.

All you do then is hit the mute button, and your all set.

P.S. - you can also turn the tuner off and you will still have signal to your pre.
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I've got a Korg DT-1 PRO, and I have the same problem. The signal is routed into the tuner 1st and then on to the amp, and the mute button does nothing. I tried several different ins and outs. I thought maybe it was something to do w/ a foostswitch? Does anybody know what kind of footswitches are comnpatible w/ Korgs? My Hafler fs is not.