1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP!! Little Mark II on SWR Triad ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Julian Sileone, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Nobody helps me :(

2. I don't use much volume. I play RnB, Soul, Pop.
    Always in small places.

3. I have a Pensa 5 string

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    A Triad and Little Mark II is an excellent matchup. The only issue I have with this rig other than size was that I ended up slapping way more than I normally do... because it sounded just about perfect. The last time I used it was with my Marleaux Deluxe 5 string J bass and it killed. Your Pensa with that setup should sound great for finger style or slap.

5. Thanks dude!!! Tomorrow I gonna test the cab.

6. Any suggestion about this combination???

7. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    I used my little mark 2 with a triad at my bands old shared rehearsal space and I thought it sounded pretty decent. I never gigged with it and my band isn't super loud so it worked fine for me.

8. Thanks a lot!

9. So today is the day of the Triad Test !!!

10. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    I ran a Triad for almost 10 years. I never had a problem, save for a blown horn diaphragm when I bought it (used). Fixed that for about $25 and never a hitch afterward.

I later sold it to my Drummer who uses it with his Roland V-drums. Sounded great for bass, sounds great for drums.

My only dislike was the weight: About 80 lbs.

11. I just test the Triad. Very well divided of frequencies. For Pop, RnB, Soul is fantastic!
    Thanks for the opinions!

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    It's a nice cab for what it is. I still own one. Last time I gigged with it I was testing an Aguilar DB750 vs. an 1100w rack setup. Sounded great with either setup.