Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help: Logic Platinum 5

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lowb, Jul 5, 2002.

1. lowb

lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I need some help guys and girls;

I have a laptop with Logic Platinum 5, and i want to record solo bass. All i want to do is record one track of solo bass, no overdubs, nothing complicated, just a simple recording. You'll probably tell me to get some more appropriate software, but Logic Platinum 5 is what i have!!

So far so good, However i don't know how to use it, and i havn't found it very "Logic"al to use. I've spent time looking round and i still can't get it to record me playing. All i want to do is plug in and play...........and record...........can anyone give me any tips, or point me in the right direction

thanks

Peace

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    My condolences to using Logic...it sucks to have bet on the wrong horse.

IIRC you just select an audio track, which is armed automatically. Then click the little R button, select a folder for the data, and you should be set.
    Also check if you've chosen the right inputs in Logic AND windows mixer.

Hope that helps!

But maybe you might want to check out this ;)

http://www.steinberg.net/the_magic_of_sx/index.phtml?sid=07339703

3. lowb

lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    Is that popular opinion of this software......i was under the impression that the "pros" use it but maybe you have to be a "pro" to use it :D

cheers anyways.

Peace

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany