1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help - looking for people with experience with either 115+210 or 212+210 or 112+410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lebowsky, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Hey guys,

I am planning on getting one of those setups. Since I live in this third-world-country-of-music-stores, I can't just slam in a shop and try everything I want to. for guitar maybe - but bass gear is a no-no. I basically need to order first.

I am getting a GK1001RB-II - was able to try a friend's, and that's exactly what I want. For cabs I want to a 2-cab setup, with a "big" one and a "medium" one, for easier transportation in the cars, as we don't have enough room to carry a 115+410 or a 810.

So, I've looked around, and there are 3 combinations that I looking at:

1x15 for bottom + 2x10 for punch
    1x12 for ~bottom + 4x10 for punch
    2x12 for ~bottom + 2x10 for punch

Has any of you already played through one of these setups? I know they are rather unusual. Maybe they're not very goo I don't know. Opinions?

Thanks a lot!

2. Hey,

I use a 2x10 and 1x15 setup, which is fairly common. Its a setup I like because if I have a small gig i can always take the 2x10 and use that. Bigger gigs I through in the 1x15 for a bigger sound. Its a good setup for my current situation. If i was a touring and had a van or trailer to transport big cabs I would use big cabs.

2x12 and 2x10 would be awesome too, then again just a 2x12 on its own would do you alright! plenty of bottom, punch and volume in one cab! If your gonna buy 2x12 I reccomend aguilar if you can get, if not, try EBS.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    My old Eden I ran a 210/212 regularly as my main rig. I also for smaller gigs ran a 212/112. For the most part todays 10's go lower and are tighter than 15's. The Genz neoX112T sounds like the best 15 cabinet I have ever played through. It is punchy and thick sounding. A pair of the 112's sounds like a tight and defined 215 bottom. I don't know if this thought process will help but it s my opinion. The other thing to consider is eq'ing... when you run different cabinets (vs dual of the same cab) your eq setting have to try to compensate for 2 different cabinets hense usually you settle for a tone in the middle. By running a matched set of cabinets you can eq for the cabinet and they both sound great vs 1 one sounding great and the other being ok...or both just being ok.

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I get a great sound running my Bergantino HT210s on top of my
    HT115.
    Sometimes I run my Bergantino EX112 ontop of my EDen D-410XLT.
    This gives me a raised speaker to hear myself playing up close.

5. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    bump for the american time zones ;)

6. wingnut

wingnut

Apr 18, 2007
    Las Vegas Nv.
    I used to use a GK1001RBII with a 210 and a 115 and it worked just fine. Both cabs were 8ohms and I stacked them with the 115 on the bottom. I've also ran the same head with a 210 and a 410 also with two 112 cabs. I would stick with the GK cabs if possible so you can run the 50 watt section of the head. Of all the set ups, the 210 and 410 together sounded the best for my situation which was a 5 string with active electronics in a come what may type of band.