Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help making a descision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    I've had a bit of a suprise for New Years so i was thinking about thinning the herd. All of the Gu**** are going except one acoustic. I was thinking about selling my daion and my fretless mexi jazz (which byt he way plays better than the jaco relic i played at GC in hotlanta) and getting one last bass before my money is routed elsewhere.i had a line on a nice american fender 5. natural (extremely light) jazz with the pau ferro board and passive electronics ( i have a sadowsky outboard). does this seem like a good idea or should i just hold on to what i've got until the initial shock wears off?

any other recomendations are cool just remember i dont want to spend too much cash after i sell the other 2 basses and it needs to be a 5. The other basses that are keepers are my SR5, my carvin fretless 6, and my hofner copy. Thanks in advance to my 2nd family here at talkbass!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Do you like the Jazz 5? Have you played one quite a bit? How much $$$ will you have available after you sell the other stuff?

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    yeah the jazz 5 was nice. b string was comparible to my sr5. dunno if its just shock or what. the daion is like having a pre cbs p bass with an alembic neck! it's just the 4's dont get played much anymore. hell i dunno. might end up keepin em.

i think it's my thought that the "music store" in my house is about to have to become somethin else **hint hint***

oh yeah i should be able to get like 6 or 650 for the 2

4. embellisher

I take it you hear the pitter patter of little feet?

5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    don't want to jinx it cause it's still really early but quite possibly:D

6. embellisher

Keep us informed!:)

Back on topic. If you like the Fender, go for it. A light Fender Jazz? What is this world coming to?