Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me!!!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Grunge, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Grunge

Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Brazil
    well, i've been playing the bass for 2 years, i was doing well until i heard to some songs where this mother ****er called Les Claypool is playing....

i need to improve my technique, i need to play this songs from Primus, can someone tell me how i would do that????????
    can someone send me any exercise or something like that???
    (my right hand is just perfect all i need is to improve my ****in' left hand' skills)

thank u

2. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    take lessons and practice practice practice......IF ya thought that was bad check out marcus miller and victor wooten and jaco pastori

3. snoogin

snoogin

Jun 15, 2002
    Sioux city Iowa
    Les Claypool is great and all, but it's real easy to get too caught up with one player's style. In an interview I read he said he just sat on his couch and got stoned. Any connection is purely coincidental, I'm sure. Go buy Jaco Pastorious's self-titled solo album and then try to keep yourself from quitting.

4. Nancy-Boy

Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    the thing u've gotta remember about claypool is that his technique isnt that hot...like mine :D he is very fast and on songs like Tommy the Cat dose do some niffty double stopping slappings...and Wynona's Big Brown Beaver is actually not the hard to play onces u've worked out what the hell is goin on...but to be honest he's not fast...he's but a mear snail compared to Victor Wooten...

the first song i heard was Classic Thump....

Download it then come back and tell us about quitting..i canny play it...no one can really transcribe the things...its doubtless amazing...u will want to play like him..and because of this will practise more..dont be put of with wot u cant play..i started to play bass so0o i cud play flea's riffs...they are still very hard to get right.. (dispite wot ppl say about him blah blah blah).....but wooten is the cleanest player ive heard and jaco...well bow down and pray for his life to be reinstated......