Help me build my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Dec 14, 2003.

1. I currently have a QSC RMX1450,in bridged mono, powering one 8 ohm SWR Goliath III.

Keeping the QSC RMX 1450, what cabs would YOU pick to add to this rig? and why?

I know not many other cabs will match up with the Goliath as far as power handling and efficiency.

Just looking for ideas...

2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    an another goliath III to have a 8x10
  3. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I'd second that. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    8 10's and you don't need a buddy to help get them around.
  4. Hey Groove,

How's the gigs in Plattsburgh? Another Goliah would be sweet, 810's...very cool. I have a Goliath Jr. and SOB, either of those would be nice with your Goliath. I also have an Aguilar GS212 that I pair with the Goliath Jr...this is a very nice rig. If you want to try one of my cabs with yours, let me know. In case you forgot, I'm in Malone...not too far away.
  5. Ohhhhhhhh

Gotta love it!;)
  6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Uh, have you guys like never heard of an 8x10 before?
  7. Yep sure have...I've also heard of chiropractors. ;) In all seriousness, 8x10 cabs are not practical for some people. I have 3 flights of stairs to my apartment. There's no way my skinny ass is carrying an 8x10 up and down those stairs. Personally, I'd rather carry (4) 2x10's then (1) 8x10.
  8. I may take you up on that after the hollidays. We could meet up and jam, test gear, etc.

The gigs are ok in Plattsburgh. We just started working with a booking agent who's trying to get us out to places like Rochester, Philly, NYC. Have you ever caught one of STAN's shows?

Thanks for your help. PM me if you want to meet up.
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    No, i didn't mean that way, every one is like " Whoa! 8-10's!", Like they've never heard of that many before...
  10. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    I think its just the opposite.

Realizing "wow I could buy another 4x10 and I would achieve the almighty 8x10!!!"
  11. funkyfraz

Dec 14, 2003
    once u get a n 8x10 for the first time, u then know ur playing with the big boys! :p

its a respect thing!

one day i might get one....