Help Me Buy a Guit*r

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by johnm0187, Jan 3, 2005.

1. yes....I want to buy a guitar. I had one before christmas, but sold it so I could buy christmas presents. It was a crappy yamaha. Well I don't know much about guitars, but my limit is $200. I want a strat (Hendrix, Clapton) sound, but I would like more versatility so I was thinking something with a humbucker at the bridge. I was thinking about this:

How does this look? If you have any other suggestions, I am all ears.

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA i think this one looks outstanding. Its an Agile, which are incredible, especially for the price, but they smoke SX and Douglas. It is beautiful.
  3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Need help? Click on the link in my sig, I have a couple of inexpensive guitars for sale. :D
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I bought that guitar, it's awesome! No joke. I have a Fender tele and a Gibson flying V and a Les Paul Studio so I know good guitars. There is nothing close to the quality of that Douglas at that price, go for it.

Oddly, the Douglas basses are made in Korea but the Douglas guitars are made in China.
  5. Ok you convinced me...I'll order it tomorrow.
  6. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I'm sure you'll like it. If you haven't used a Floyd Rose trem before it'll take you awhile to get used to tuning it. Mine required minimal setup but if yours needs the action etc. adjusted you can take it into a pro tech and still come in under your budget. Have the tech show you what he's doing so you can do it yourself in the future. For the price, there is nothing close -- just buying a licensed Floyd alone would cost you at least 1/2 the price of that whole guitar. Enjoy!