1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help me choose a bass 2300-2500$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abhinavkhokhs, Mar 15, 2013.

1. abhinavkhokhs

abhinavkhokhs

Mar 18, 2012
    hey guys , i am planning on picking up a new bass with an upperlimit of 2500$ , i live in a tiny city called Ahmedabad in India and there are not many basses to try. till now i have been an Ibanez loyalist and i love the feel (neck and string spacing) of my SRT 905 DX and GWB 35 . My uncle has a 1973 Fender J-Bass which i have used extensively but the spacing doesnt work for me (tiny hands i guess) . please suggest me models i could look into , i am pretty optimistic about the SR5005(prestige) as its almost the same config physically but there is the MTD ZX 5? the fender deluxe jazz V ? spector euro something with the emg 40dc(which i have on the srt905)? the stingrays ? the ibanez grooveline? and maybe one waswick ... but i dont know which one would be the closest to my SRT(except for the prestige) as i would love to buildup on my conditioned playing than , getting used to another bass. and how much different is the fender jazz bass V from the 4 stringed version in terms of spacing. One more thing , fenders do have bigger frets than an ibanez right? it feels so to me but i never really got the concept of 34" radius and details down that alley. PLEASE help me out , i would be really thankful :):hyper::help::hyper:

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I recommend you search talkbass for threads about each of the instruments you are considering.

Also, I am surprised the Jazz bass doesn't feel good. However, technique can be adjusted to help one adapt. One of my students is a 9 and a half year-old boy. He plays a double bass with a 37.5" scale. The Jazz and the Ibanez basses you currently play are all 34" or 35" scale, right?

Check this: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eb...9&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=2&series_id=112

There is a lot of info about neck dimensions.