Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Me Choose a Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whitmore, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    Hey i was wondering if u guys could reccomend a bass (8-900$ Canadian) that would be great for the type of music i play www.purevolume.com/fallingsouls. thanks to all in advance for your help

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I'd recomend a MIA p bass if ya can find a used one.

Either that or a musicman.

Hope this helps some.

-Rob

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    a p-bass, the new big block p, which feels likea mm mbass combonation. might be what your lookin' for.

4. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    Really a fender i was thinking of leaning towards either an Ibanez SR500 or SRX500 but with regard to the music man i was thinking maybe the S.U.B X02 out of those three which would u reccomend.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I second a used MIA P bass, but you could probably also get into a Lakland Skyline for that cash too. I'd be thinkin' MTD Kingston for that money would be a hard to beat bass. The Peavey Cirrus gets pretty good reviews in these parts...and I've always liked some of the Yamaha basses, especially now that they've 'reissued' some of the older BB designs.

I know I mentioned it to you before, but I'd spend a week or two looking at the stuff that TB'ers are selling...It's generally good stuff, in great shape and I think we sell to each other cheaper than you'd find elsewhere.

You really can get more for your money with used.