Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me choose a body for my New Sadowsky!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tommixx, May 11, 2005.

1. OK I ordered a new Sadowsky AAAA Caramel Burst Over Swamp Ash 4 with a Birdseye Maple Board and Black hardware on Friday from Roger...the story is I ordered the one pictured below from him last year and had to cancel after a health scare (thought I had a stroke and was partially paralyzed for about 4 months on my left side) Anyway...I have regretted not buying this bass EVERYDAY since then....So I am on a quest to find its equal and I know Roger is the man to do it!!!

I have gotten the first 3 bodies from Kevin Today and I'd like to hear your opinions about them....This will be a few posts because of the pic sizes but here is the "one that got away" from me last year:

Let me know what you think...

Peace,

T

Edit: A BIG THANKS to JimS for putting these up for me!!!

Now here is the rundown on the bodies:

They are all a AAAA Grade Top and any 1 of them would probably make a good choice. Roger asked me to pick out 2 of them and he will have them done in a Caramel Burst Finish and let me choose between the 2 Finished Bodies....Talk about Customer Service....They are Definitely a Class Act!! I have a favorite of my own so now I am going to ask you guys to pick out 2 of them!!

1. The First one is 3 1/8 lbs
    2. The Second one is 3 lbs
    3. The Third one is 2 7/8 lbs

So they ALL will come in really Light!!

What do you think? If you were going to buy one which 2 would you want to choose from? (remember to pick 2)

Attached Files:

2. Here is a look at the first body....

Well I thought it was going to be....I get a file size too large message!! Anyone know how get a 375K file up here?

Peace,

T

3. I can't wait to see your choices.
    Here's mine with goldhard ware:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    You need to resize them or you can upload them to a website and add the links here.

If you want, I can host them or resize them for you.

keep groooovin'
    Fran

5. You can email 'em to me and I can do it for you too later tonight (PST).

6. Curse you JimS THAT is the Bass that started it All!!!! LOL! That is a beauty and is the Inspiration for my choice...I hope mine will turn out as nice!

Fran or JimS PM me your email address and I will send them to you....I can't attach to the TB email link here....

Peace,

T

7. Here you are folks. Help poor Tommixx out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. newchibass

newchibass

May 21, 2004
    Chicago
    I like the first two. The second one has maybe a more consistent grain pattern, but has a larger blank line up the middle of the body. My first impression was that I liked the first one. Both will be beauties in my opinion. Which is lighter?

9. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    number one get's my thumbs up.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

#1 :hyper: Tom sure you dont want CherryBurst?.

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

#1 tommix Like mine?

Rob

12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    # 1 is my vote getter.

13. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Lets see the next 3......

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    woah!

glad you're ok, tom. that is quite the scare. :eek: :meh:

but nothin' like a nice sad to put you back in good spirits. :)

and yea, numero uno for me.

15. I edited my post above to include this for first time readers!!

Now here is the rundown on the bodies:

They are all a AAAA Grade Top and any 1 of them would probably make a good choice. Roger asked me to pick out 2 of them and he will have them done in a Caramel Burst Finish and let me choose between the 2 Finished Bodies....Talk about Customer Service....They are Definitely a Class Act!! I have a favorite of my own so now I am going to ask you guys to pick out 2 of them!!

1. The First one is 3 1/8 lbs
    2. The Second one is 3 lbs
    3. The Third one is 2 7/8 lbs

So they ALL will come in really Light!!

What do you think? If you were going to buy one which 2 would you want to choose from? (remember to pick 2)

Peace,

T

16. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    #2. The stripes work well with the p-ups and the center stripe looks cool. It will accentuate the neck and strings.

My second pick? That Ampeg in the back.

17. Thanks so far guys!!

BP - That was a REALLY good score you got there bud....I bet Nino misses it.....I was going to get the Board on mine in Rosewood or Morado at one point and then switched to the Birdseye Maple...

You got that right Joker....A Sadowsky is good for all that ails you!!!!

Peace,

T

18. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    What about rosewood on birdseye? The dark would look nice with a sunburst.

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Light bodys are very acoustical even more so with the chambers. :hyper: